2020 CARE ONLINE AUCTION
Saturday, October 17, 2020 to Saturday, October 24, 2020
COVID-19 may have canceled the CREA Fall Meeting but it has not stopped the auction, which is a fundraiser for the Colorado’s electric cooperatives’ political expenditure organization. The auction will run from Saturday, October 17 to Saturday, October 24. You will be able to access the auction through Handbid.com or the Handbid App. Donations to CARE support electric co-op efforts to engage with candidates for elected office, encouraging them to advocate for and strengthen the voice of Colorado’s electric cooperatives.
This year, you will be able to peruse the auction items, save your favorite items to a wish list and bid on them at your leisure, whether you are sitting at your desktop computer on using your mobile device.
What is CARE?
CARE is driven by three core principles: Engage, Advocate, and Strengthen.
The CARE Committee interviews and selects candidates, regardless of political affiliation, that promote the initiatives of Colorado’s electric cooperatives.
Your contributions allows us to continue to represent your interests to those policymakers whose decisions impact your electric cooperative. A CARE committee endorsement allows us to directly support candidates or endorse a candidate.
By supporting candidates for elected office that understand and promote the electric cooperative industry.
The CARE Membership Organization LLC is an Independent Expenditure Committee, a political organization registered with the Colorado Secretary of State. Corporate contributions are allowed. However, contributions to the auction are not tax-deductible for state and federal tax purposes. Questions should be directed to Tim Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (303) 242-9270.
- The Auction will run from Saturday, October 17 through Saturday, October 24. Items will be shipped, picked up, or dropped off to the winners depending on location.
- Please be aware that CARE reserves the right to use and disperse these funds as it deems appropriate, including transferring any or all amounts to a political committee or Independent Expenditure Committee.
- We encourage participants to pay by credit card, however, checks can be mailed to CARE at 5400 Washington St, Denver, CO If paying by check, please make all checks payable to “CARE Membership Account.” Additionally, state law prohibits cash payments of $100 or more.
- All lodging is subject to availability. We recommend that you make your reservations as soon as possible for items that are date-specific.
- Neither CREA nor CARE are responsible for missed expiration dates. Please read all package information closely for special terms and conditions.
- Personal or corporate funds can be accepted as payment.
- Contributions to CARE are not tax deductible.
Where do I go to bid on an item?
A link to the CARE Auction will be available shortly.
Who can participate in the auction?
Since the auction is going to benefit the CARE Membership, LLC, an independent expenditure committee, all United States citizens can participate. However, the main audience for the auction is consumer-members, staff, and board of directors of the Colorado’s electric cooperatives.
How can you bid on auction items?
Those who are participating in the auction will be able to easily bid on auction items on the Handbid.Com website and on the Handbid Mobile App.
Are contributions tax-deductible?
Contributions to the auction are not tax-deductible for state and federal tax purposes.