2021 CARE AUCTION
Hybrid Auction October 3-10, 2021
The 2021 CARE Auction will be back in person… sort of! In conjunction with the Fall Meeting, the 2021 CARE Auction will be held on October 10, 2021, with a live (in-person) and silent auction (in-person and virtual).
The 2020 CARE Auction was successful and the CARE Committee is excited to welcome attendees of the Fall Meeting to participate in the 2021 auction. The Care Committee will also offer a virtual silent auction to ensure cooperative consumer-members, co-op staff, and board members of Colorado’s co-ops can participate anywhere in Colorado. By participating in the CARE Auction, you are supporting co-op efforts to engage with candidates for elected office, encouraging them to advocate for and strengthen the voice of Colorado’s electric cooperatives. You can access the auction through Handbid.com or the Handbid app (available on the Google Play and App Store).
Make sure to register ahead of time through Handbid so you can participate when the silent auction goes live on Sunday, October 3 at 10 am.
Make sure to register ahead of time through the Handbid App, so you can participate when the silent auction goes live on Sunday, October 3 at 10 am. At this time, you can place bids on the silent auction items. The silent auction will run through Sunday, October 10, at 6:30 pm. The live auction will be held in person at the Grand Hyatt in Denver, and only those attending the CREA Banquet will be eligible to participate in the live auction.
This year, you can peruse the auction items, save your favorite items to a wish list and bid on those items at your leisure, all from the comfort of your computer or phone. We look forward to your participation.
Do you have questions about the auction or Colorado Advocates for Rural Electrification? Contact:
Tim Coleman, Manager of Legislative Affairs
What is CARE?
CARE is driven by three core principles: Engage, Advocate, and Strengthen.
The CARE Committee interviews and selects candidates, regardless of political affiliation, that promote the initiatives of Colorado’s electric cooperatives.
Your contributions allows us to continue to represent your interests to those policymakers whose decisions impact your electric cooperative. A CARE committee endorsement allows us to directly support candidates or endorse a candidate.
By supporting candidates for elected office that understand and promote the electric cooperative industry.
The CARE Membership Organization LLC is an Independent Expenditure Committee, a political organization registered with the Colorado Secretary of State. Corporate contributions are allowed. However, contributions to the auction are not tax-deductible for state and federal tax purposes. Questions should be directed to Tim Coleman at firstname.lastname@example.org or 303-242-9270.
- The Auction will run from Sunday, October 3 at 10 am through Sunday, October 10 at 6 :30 pm. Items will be shipped, picked up, or dropped off to the winners depending on location.
- All lodging is subject to availability. We recommend that you make your reservations as soon as possible for items that are date-specific.
- Due to state regulations, CARE will be unable to ship alcoholic beverages. All packages included alcohol will need to be picked up at the auction, CREA’s headquarters, or dropped off to the winner.
- Neither CREA nor CARE are responsible for missed expiration dates. Please read all package information closely for special terms and conditions.
- Please be aware that CARE reserves the right to use and disperse these funds as it deems appropriate, including transferring any or all amounts to a political committee or Independent Expenditure Committee.
- We encourage participants to pay by credit card, however, checks can be mailed to CARE at 5400 Washington St, Denver, CO. If paying by check, please make all checks payable to “CARE Membership Account.” Additionally, state law prohibits cash payments of $100 or more.
- Personal or corporate funds can be accepted as payment.
- Contributions to CARE are not tax deductible.
Where do I go to bid on an item?
A link to the CARE Auction will be available shortly.
Who can participate in the auction?
Since the auction is going to benefit the CARE Membership, LLC, an independent expenditure committee, all United States citizens can participate. However, the main audience for the auction is consumer-members, staff, and board of directors of Colorado’s electric cooperatives.
How can you bid on auction items?
Those who are participating in the auction will be able to easily bid on auction items on the Handbid.com website and on the Handbid Mobile App.
Are contributions tax-deductible?
Contributions to the auction are not tax-deductible for state and federal tax purposes.